What is GDPR?
In short; GDPR is a regulation on data protection & privacy for all EU individuals.
“The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the most important change in data privacy regulation in 20 years”
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
When does it come into action?
The deadline for compliance is the 25th May 2018.
What actions have been taken to be compliant?
As per GDPR compliance requirements, QuadHost Ltd has done the following:
- Our policies have been updated with additional details and transparency,
- Additional functionality is available within the client portal for all users to update held information and request erasure should they wish when suitable.
- Existing opt-in/opt-out functionality from the client area for marketing & promotional e-mails has been enhanced.
- Ensured all sensitive business data is stored only within the EU.
- Ensured all applicable suppliers are compliant with GDPR.
If you have any further questions about our GDPR compliance and suitability please check our policies or contact us with any further queries.